Thursday, June 4, 2020


Today’s Thought “The Principal’s Office” G. Ward

 

Psalm 139:1-2 O Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know when I sit down and when I rise up; You understand my thought from afar. You scrutinize my path and my lying down, and are intimately acquainted with all my ways.

 

Prayer/praise must never incite recognition of God sufficiency/possibility without HIS invitation in referring to Him as Lord (Lk.6:46-48, Jas.5:16). Holy God is not a rich Uncle allowing us access to unlimited resources; nor is He a genie conjured by our desperate and immediate need for reprieve. God will not be mocked (Ps.74:22)!

He most importantly is not far away so as to preclude that any cannot sincerely call on HIM through repentance (Ac.3:19); it’s then that a new demand insists, “not my will, but Yours be done!”

No comments:

Post a Comment