Monday, February 3, 2020


Today’s Thought “Frivolous Attempts In Loving” G. Ward

 

John 19:27 Then He said to the disciple, “Behold, your mother!” From that hour the disciple took her into his own household.

 

Jesus had brothers, so why the demand for John to assume care for His Mother (cf. Jn.7:5)? Here’s Jesus’ transcendence; every act and demand desired to show the way, even while being crucified HE had you and me in mind (Lk.23:34). His earthly presence sought exposure to man’s worst contriving spirit so as to teach endurance (Ro.1:20).

Interdependence must become the genuine intent for believers; keeping any desirous of salvation’s demand in focus. Instead, the habitual factoring in pseudo independence that involves selfish pursuits (e.g. it’s my life and my money and I’ll do as I please syndrome) obscures dying to self, causing my great-grandchildren’s progeny tremendous consternation (i.e. a love-less society). While preachers have more embraced job security as motivationalists, the missionary still instructs with “few” in attendance (Ezek.33:30-33)…

No comments:

Post a Comment