Monday, October 15, 2018


Today’s Thought “Young, Gifted and…” G. Ward

Proverbs 1:2-4 “To know wisdom and instruction, To discern the sayings of understanding, To receive instruction in wise behavior, Righteousness, justice and equity; To give prudence to the naive, To the youth knowledge and discretion.”

Heaven has been so generous to me. My God has given me the blessing of recall. He knew grief best in His Son’s sacrifice for mankind as extreme, but gave so lovingly anyhow.

Recently, I had a best friend go to heaven. Her long term sickness that ended had so many confounded because Holy God granted her great endurance in the presence of many. I’m reminded on this morning of an email exchange I had with her whereby her expressive transparency with me as her Brother/Pastor shared tremendous grief over such a bleak prognosis rendered. My encouragement for her sought to extinguish anticipating death, but to more foresee a future hope promised based on our confession of the Savior as Sufficient (*Ro.8:18).

I was so elated to view her 21 year old only son attend worship service on yesterday. If my grief remains great… I encouraged him to never shun her voice within (cf. Deut.6:4-7). Vigilance is the compelling that remains central to obliterating the depression component of grief. While so many tears will continue to flow, it never precludes my trust in God’s sovereign will.

No comments:

Post a Comment