Tuesday, January 9, 2018


Today’s Thought “Close, But No Cigar” G. Ward

If I had said, “I will speak thus,”Behold, I would have betrayed the generation of Your children. When I pondered to understand this, it was troublesome in my sight until I came into the sanctuary of God;
then I perceived their end.” Psalm 73:15-17

Twentieth Century’s idiom, “Close, But No Cigar” has become attributable to the College National Championship on last evening.  My arrival 37 years ago (i.e. Georgia) insisted my immediate adoption to the slogan, “How Bout Those Dawgs!” I must admit however my reluctance then has now become equal to the native’s support of the home team.

Kudos to what is unprecedented in a collegiate championship game; a back-up quarterback is trusted to lead a team unto victory, particularly when trailing the predominance of the game. Upon winning, the press sought this young man immediately to find him relaxed, yet entirely jovial, whereby the typical questions went answered to then witness the youngster’s pause (apologetically so) unto His Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for enabling such moments and furthered that his parents (*married for his lifetime) reared him accordingly (*Deut.6:4-7).

Still Giving Glory and Honor on Tuesday, Wishing All Would As Well…

No comments:

Post a Comment