Monday, August 7, 2017


Today’s Thought “Team Sports” G. Ward

“An enemy might be able to defeat one person, but two people can stand back-to-back to defend each other. And three people are even stronger. They are like a rope that has three parts wrapped together—it is very hard to break.” Ecclesiastes 4:12

I must confess that I’ve contributed to the success of many weight loss gurus by purchasing their plan, guaranteeing a svelte look in record time. Like many, intelligence is thrown out of the window in vain desire to capture the swan within after disenfranchising my ugly duckling status via constant ingestion of “Twinkies” and “M&M’s”.

Partnering with others deficient at self-control is perhaps the mechanism of accountability that can promote desired results; so there are four of us (whereby I’m the only male) who officially are vegan for the next two weeks (along with minimizing salt and sugar). We began at 12:01 a.m. At 12:02 a.m., I began craving a thick, juicy steak, a bowl of Froot Loops and a large bag of Lay’s Potato Chips. “I am weak LORD, though art Mighty, Hold me with Thou most Powerful Hands…”

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment