Thursday, December 15, 2016


Today’s Thought “Fake News” G. Ward

“Then David rested with his ancestors and was buried in the City of David.” 1 Kings 2:10

Slow down just for a minute and assess who God is for you. Stop reading and take a moment; “who is God for my life?” The answer is more predominately representative of religion: He’s my Master, Maker of Heaven and Earth, My Everything, Great and Mighty is My God, etc. Although these proclamations are with merit, rarely does it interrogate my soul (*cf. Ps.139:23-24). When I rise from my knees, the next activity, who will it please? While my mind praises HIM in the inner room, the other 23.95 hours assumes that grace and mercy will be present in the next day ahead, to endure a life given, oblivious to my being dead (Eph.2:1-2) because I forsook HIM as ALL SUFFICIENCY.

Years go by and I’m yet familiar with the same10-15 verses of Holy God’s Word, so I chant, He’s my Master, Maker of Heaven and Earth, My Everything, Great and Mighty is My God. Moreover, I read every devotional thought and typed “amen” to God obliterating cancer, claiming money and agreeing to everything favorable (only for America), yet believing that the testimonial given for King David concerning “rest” will soon be afforded me (Mt.7:21-23)…

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment