Thursday, December 4, 2014


Today’s Thought “Still Disenchanted” G. Ward

“And have mercy on some, who are doubting; save others, snatching them out of the fire; and on some have mercy with fear, hating even the garment polluted by the flesh.” Jude 1:22-23

 

Perhaps this is your story also. Prior to my seeking an intimate relationship with our Creator, I searched more for a society of believers than Holy God’s word (Ro.10:8). Ultimately I created an excuse for the lazy behavior I adopted that would avoid holy living. Inherently, there was a longing to adjust to HIS ways and not my own. Moreover, my criticism of man allowed me to categorically make my personal sins less in view of the aimless behaviors given by the many acquaintances of that time. I never thought that in the space allotted me I could have died, facing eternal separation from God. I allowed lack of exemplary behavior from my countrymen to negatively impact my potential in coming to know Him as my personal Sufficiency. I now understand that it wasn’t wasted time as some suppose (cf. Eph.1:4), but created a better witness in me as many would be plagued with the same (in future terms). My familiarity, as a product of this foolish syndrome, makes me available (cf. Isa.6:8-11) to encourage them to never allow mere mortals opportunity to resolve a reconciliation (Ro.5:8) given every man (Ro.10:13) long ago…

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment