Wednesday, July 2, 2014


Today’s Thought “Transformation” G. Ward

 

“The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.” 2 Peter 3:9

 

I must admit, in times past I’ve been the king of defense mechanisms that have disallowed my personal interrogation in my own activity. Everyone else was always so wrong! Why couldn’t they just cooperate? At Psalm 73, Asaph dealt with a similar gripe. He was perplexed on how those many violators of righteousness seemed to flourish while he suffered. Like him, my response now as a believer is entirely in tune with inspection of my faith (cf. Ps. 139:23-24). Asaph had to slow down well enough to realize that the grace given him was sufficient and what others affix their mindsets towards was their own decision (Ps. 73:17).

This stance I too have adopted, but it most certainly doesn’t preclude some are without hope. I must maintain personal accountability for this vessel lent me (1 Cor. 6:19). Moreover, my exemplary living (1 Pe. 1:16) along with my intentional promulgating HIM will see their change as imminent.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment