Friday, November 1, 2013

Today's Thought "Room At the Cross" G.Ward

"Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus. Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:12-14

There's a terrible perspective that has become wrongfully pervasive for many who believe they're productive citizens while some refuse to adhere to righteousness. Furthermore they perpetuate cliches like, "You made your bed, so lie in it!" Here's the real translation: "Yes, I too was wayward in thought and practice at one time, but then I matured. Some even considered me hopeless at one time, but I overcame obstacles and never looked back. Moreover, I pulled myself up out of the miry clay and I'm terribly upset with those who won't do the same! Although I've made it, they're hopeless!" I've given them tons of money and they still convey irresponsibility. Many times I sought to encourage them and they maintained an uncooperative spirit.
I supplied food and shelter on occasion and it went unappreciated. Their mouths are without constraint, what comes up, goes out! I could go on and on, but I've got to adjourn to my Ivory Tower; one of those fools who won't cooperate might come and ransack my goods" (signed Arrogance)!
Truth = Categorically, we may not be as bad, but we're entirely inconsistent (cf. Ro. 3:10, 23). To regard anyone as a hopeless fool is the absolute worse vulgarity existent and furthers one's unbelief in Holy God's ability to change the worst. Finally, who are we to snatch up all the King's good and deprive others by insinuating the KING is now depleted? Who then is a fool (cf. Mt. 16:24)?

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment