Monday, May 13, 2013


Today’s Thought “Missed Opportunity” G. Ward

 

“Now the serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said to the woman, “Indeed, has God said, ‘You shall not eat from any tree of the garden’?” Genesis 3:1

 

I was an eleventh grader, falling in and out of love (as the wind shifted) with every pretty girl who smiled my way. There was one very particularly that I would have considered worthy of permanent monogamy. She was absolutely stunning! Moreover, she was obviously a believer in that her bible accompanied her throughout the day. I shared an American History class with her and was finally given a chance to invite her to become my potential wife. The dummy I am proposed a question to which she agreed to address (only if she could). You’ll need to know that my life was not surrendered to the lordship of Jesus at that time (although surrendered now, I’m still a dummy!).  We’ll call her Eve for the sake of my many high school buddies ascribing to this blog.

Gregory: Eve, exactly where in the bible does it say that one has to attend church services every Sunday?

Eve: (Turning the pages briskly, with obvious bewilderment on her face) Greg, I can’t find that now, but don’t you think you should?

Gregory: No I do not, thus my question… Besides, no one is able to defend their position that attends regularly.

Eve: (Turning her back on Gregory to never return again – the end)

“But sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence” (1 Pe. 3:15).

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment