Tuesday, August 13, 2024

 Today’s Thought “Exposed” G. Ward

Psalm 25

16 Turn to me and be gracious to me,
For I am lonely and afflicted.
17 The troubles of my heart are enlarged;
Bring me out of my distresses.

 

The perception of humiliation is generally that to which desires a hiding place from others. It permits a paranoia, suggestive in how everyone knows, while questioning how can I ever face those knowledgeable about my great indiscretion (cf. Ro.8:26) and whereas our thoughts of this - concerns itself with what others think, the humiliation from the psalmist involves a personal exposure to Holy God’s view (Matt.10:28). Peace is desired, but must sincerely desire no more transgressing of HIS moral code (HE won’t be mocked, through crafty endeavor in revealing portions of sinfulness.); the pain of it all, establishes points of perseverance in HIS Word (and won’t let go – longing for new mercies). When one determines godly sorrow as the conduit for perfect reconciliation in Christ, he’s convinced of an end to miseries furthered, forgiveness and restoration unfolds and our Lord’s unrelenting presence, becomes the satisfaction revisited upon my first confession of HIM as Savior. Christ lives in me today…



Because HE Lives, Gregory D. Ward Sr., Senior Pastor, Emmanuel Baptist Church

No comments:

Post a Comment