Today’s
Thought “When One Sips at the Cup of Mediocrity” G. Ward
Revelation
3: 15 ‘I know your deeds, that you are
neither cold nor hot; I wish that you were cold or hot. 16 So
because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will vomit you out of My
mouth.
The city of
our Lord’s discourse would draw a contrast of their water supply which ran through
conduits warm and nauseating, and whereas a nearby city enjoyed both refreshing
cold streams or healing hot springs, this actuality would catch their attention
to know their arrogance, self-reliance and complacency was known by HIM and to
that end we must understand HE’S still the same God. Therefore, the day presented,
with all its magnificent planning, even concerns itself unto a weekend, with
all its selfish delight, should more ask, what can I render to You, Lord? Instead,
too many will suggest, “this is my money – I worked hard for, so I’ll do as I
please!” HIS answer is with the similitude of what it means to say, “I will
vomit you out of My mouth.” As the unpleasant taste of water existed in
Laodicea, causing its residents to immediately spit it up, our Lord has no part
in self-preservation and whereas HIS patience with any is evidenced by the new
day presented, perhaps some may not experience another day’s journey – for HE
owns the air…
Father God,
while those of us who’ve experienced Your forgiveness are so grateful, we’re
not satisfied with those waddling in impure waters and whereas we desire taking
them to Jesus, our Lord, where thirst unto any can be no more, we ask that our
plans be significantly reverted to the best plan, as You direct us to them and
our sharing would be ongoing, until they’re able to take another by the hand
and become part of Your sweet fellowship. In Jesus Name, Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment