Thursday, September 19, 2024

 

Today’s Thought “Far from the Peaceful Shore…” G. Ward

Psalm 40:1 I waited patiently for the Lord; and He reached down to me and heard my cry. He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the mud; and He set my feet on a rock, making my footsteps firm.

 

One of my favorite hymns is Love Lifted Me. It has a magnificent chorus that causes reflection in wonderment, concerning having been trapped in self-imposed calamity, to personally witness our Lord’s rescue: “Love lifted me! Love lifted me! When nothing else could help, Love lifted me!”

The Apostle John would record that “God is Love” (1 John 4:8) and whereas the psalmist would certainly elaborate similarly (in our theme), our meditations should circumvent the many trials prescribed us, and whereas HIS rescue may not include an obliteration of that to which is overwhelming for our souls, HIS presence (John 14:27) speaks volumes, satisfying our inadequacy.

May our gratefulness radiate in the marketplace on this day provided, even remembering HIS preparation for the trials ahead most assuredly calls us HIS own – so our endurance will rest (solely) upon HIS rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment