Tuesday, September 17, 2024

 

Today’s Thought “Even Me Lord?” G. Ward

1 Corinthians 9

26 Therefore I run in such a way as not to run aimlessly; I box in such a way, as to avoid hitting air; 27 but I strictly discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified.

 

While perfection is the world’s expectation unto believers (in Christ) that keeps criticisms flowing from the unchurched, lending foolish defense in why they won’t devote themselves to corporate worship, we’ve been called so as to be perfected by a sinless Savior’s regard for us (Matt.5:16) and whereas existing in a world so alien to us, includes so many shiny objects (i.e., a distorted view, not to be touched), many hands are in the cookie jar. Instead, believers are to utterly eliminate such an attraction and can do so through admittance to Holy God how weak they are; desiring a spiritual displacement with the Truth of HIS Word. Our position in Christ, can never think of ourselves as suited well enough to overcome sin’s captivity without HIS presence (John 15:5b). We can do nothing for our Lord, until the record in spiritual disconnect is repaired (*Ps.51:10-13).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment