Tuesday, June 4, 2024

 

Today’s Thought “All Tucked In?” G. Ward

Hosea 11:1 When Israel was a youth I loved him, and out of Egypt I called My son. The more they called them, the more they went away from them; they kept sacrificing to the Baals and burning incense to idols. Yet it is I who taught Ephraim to walk, I took them in My arms; but they did not know that I healed them.

 

Forgetfulness, regarding Holy God’s rescue of us has become our greatest sin (1 John 1:8-9) and whereas history reveals the same would plague our predecessors, it should never lend license that minimizes its implication as lack in belief. Moreover, it’s become incumbent on everyone abhorrent of such a tag to correct this posture of guilt, via an unrelenting, daily pursuit of God’s Word.

Hosea’s writing remains eternally compelling, in that it indicts our soul and when conformity onto righteousness becomes our newest determination – it grants us presence in the heavenlies. We’re yet called HIS children for perfect submission to HIS caregiving, so as to witness perfect delight and to that end – “Now I lay me down to sleep” (cf. Matt.16:24), yet mine eyes are opened to the greatest reality of HIS love towards you and me…

No comments:

Post a Comment