Today’s
Thought “Broken Routineness” G. Ward
Philippians
2:1 Therefore if there is any encouragement in Christ, if any consolation
of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and
compassion, 2 Make my joy complete by being of the same mind,
maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose.
The game of
chess is remarkably challenging, involving strategic movement of varied pieces
and ultimately most protective of one, the King, and when he’s captured, you’ve
lost. That game is a corollary to our theme; life however, is not a game, but
involves a categorical strategizing (Matt.7:13-14) and whereas every move we’re
to make, involves what we believe to be best and whereas that crossroad
determines I can bi-laterally exist with my Lord, alongside honoring my
speculations that guides me great failure is imminent. Why? Because many times
I’m hurried in desire, to forget my leading has been instrumental in many
miseries, along with some bouts in happiness that never satisfied and whereas
that can warrant a slowdown, perhaps it’s that contemplative review of the
beauty of assured peace that overwhelms my soul when I absolutely rely on the
Savior, who demonstrated how HE loved me and gave HIS life so I’d have eternal
life with HIM is what I need (*Ro.8:37).
Another day
presented, can witness lesser struggle; but, to do as I’ve done (distant from
HIS lead), disallows spiritual progress. Instead, may we determine – what’s
best for us is Jesus, then follow.
Father God,
how excellent is Your mercy towards us. You’ve supplied greatest instructions
and desire for this era, what was given Your Old Testament saints; the
challenge to represent You through holiness (Isa.49:6, Matt.5:16). May the
unity proposed for Your people, signify, without reluctance, that Your Word is
true and worthy to present in a world entirely weary; as we represent the Light
placed within, so as to overcome darkness, blessing our Lord Jesus, Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment